Updated: Monday 30 March, 2020.
Hub Australia's Current Response to COVID-19
Protecting our communities while enabling members to continue operating their businesses is of the utmost importance to us – in line with the announcements made by the government, all Hub Australia clubhouses currently remain open for members, with all key services in operation.
Hub Australia is monitoring recent communications from State and Federal Governments, the Department of Health, and the World Health Organisation.
Our staff will still be contactable during business hours, even if you don’t see some of them in the space as they work on a scaled roster.
We understand that many members and their businesses have created their own solutions and responses, and many are heeding the Department of Health and World Health Organisation’s requests to work from home and limit contact.
For businesses intending to continue operating in the space, we are here to support you while also responding to the evolving situation.
- Cleaners will still be on-site, and we have raised cleaning levels of all touch-points.
- Hand sanitiser is available on the welcome desk.
- We ask members and guests to maintain good hand-washing practices and hygiene throughout the space.
Events, Meeting Spaces, Café and Amenities
The following changes will assist with recommended social distancing:
- All events will be placed on hold (eg: Hub Talks, Breakfast Club, Wine Down).
- Meeting Spaces can still be booked via the member portal.
- Serviced Meeting Spaces (eg. Boardroom) will not be available for future bookings and the self-booking functionality will be turned off.
- For existing Serviced Meeting Space bookings - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Monday 23 March, our café will move to take-away only
- The fitness space is closed
Social Distancing Guidelines
- To help members undertake social distancing, we recommend that people remain 1.5m apart whilst using the space.
- All meeting spaces have new capacity guidelines, highlighted by signage in each space, please help us by following these recommendations.
- For workspaces, including offices, we ask members to adjust their seating where possible in all spaces, ensuring they are 1.5 metres apart. To facilitate this members are welcome to work from overflow areas including flexible desk areas, kitchen, cafe and breakout areas.
We ask all members and guests to not enter Hub if you have:
- Returned from international travel since Monday 16 March
- have recently travelled internationally or are displaying any flu-like symptoms.
- are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms.
- have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Please practice self-isolation for the health and safety of our community – this is guidance from the Department of Health and may change at any time.
We ask that if you or anyone in your organisation has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or come in direct contact with an individual who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 that you promptly notify a Clubhouse Manager, Community Lead or your key contact at a Hub location of any relevant suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, so we can minimise any risks.
If we become aware of a confirmed case at a Hub Australia location, we will:
- Contact health authorities and implement recommendations;
- Undertake additional comprehensive cleaning of all areas of the clubhouse (taking instruction from our specialist cleaning providers);
- Notify all members in the clubhouse;
- Continue communicating updates.
For additional information please contact us via email@example.com
Useful further resources: